Individual Psychotherapy We conduct individual psychotherapy of clients from infancy through to young adulthood. Child-centered play therapy is conducted with younger children; whereas Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approaches are utilized with older children and adolescents. Psychotherapy can address various emotional and psychological concerns including:
- Anxiety (General, Separation, Social, PTSD, Panic Attacks, Phobias, OCD)
- Behavioural concerns (Aggression, anger and oppositional behaviour)
- Social skills and problem solving issues
- Stress Management
- Low self-esteem
- Extreme shyness and selective mutism
- Feeding difficulties
- Sleeping difficulties
- Attachment/bonding issues
- Parent/child conflict
- Adoption issues
Camp Cope-A-Lot Camp Cope-A-Lot is an interactive computer-assisted intervention for children with anxiety. The engaging software utilizes cognitive behavioural therapy techniques to teach children how to relax, manage their worries and problem solve. The psychological treatment is guided by a psychologist.
Group Psychotherapy We hold various psychotherapy groups throughout the year depending on interest and need.
- Mood: A psychotherapy group for children suffering with depressive symptoms. This group assists the client in gaining awareness of their depressive symptoms and uses cognitive-behavioural techniques to identify negative and self-critical patterns of thinking, challenge such thoughts and increase involvement in previously enjoyed activities.
- General Anxiety: A psychotherapy group that uses cognitive-behavioural and exposure techniques to manage anxiety. The group will assist children and youth in understanding their anxiety, including physical, emotional and cognitive symptoms, understanding triggers for their anxiety, how anxiety is impacting their functioning and work on developing skills to challenge and manage anxiety thoughts and the physiological symptoms that accompany them.
- Social Anxiety: A psychotherapy group for children and youth who struggle with anxiety specific to social situations. The group will employ cognitive-behavioural and exposure techniques to assist clients in understanding their anxiety and developing skills to effectively cope with social situations in the absence of excessive and debilitating emotional, cognitive and physical symptoms of anxiety.
- Social Skills: A psychotherapy group to learn effective way to interact socially. Group will address various skills including communication and listening skills, management of conflict, problem-solving, self-monitoring and understanding of emotions, understanding the emotions of others, working well with others and maintaining health relationships.
- Anger: A psychotherapy group to help children and youth learn about anger, its consequences, triggers for angry feelings, ways to effectively manage anger and solve problems in an aggressive-free manner and communicate more effectively through self-assertion.
- Stress Management: A psychotherapy group that helps children and youth learn to identify their own symptoms of stress and acquire physical and emotional strategies to manage their stress in healthy and adaptive ways.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-516-7757.